Joining us this week is Tricia Howard, Client Manager, Optiv for a special RANTCAST on Security.
Optiv Security is a security solutions integrator that enables clients to reduce risk by taking a strategic approach to cybersecurity. Align your security program to achieve specific business outcomes with our full suite of service capabilities, from strategy to technology—and everything in between.
- Security Rant
- Data Privacy and Rights / Data Security
- Companies and Storage/Security of Personal Data
- Data is a Currency
- Securing Systems and Data Leakage
- Password Re-Use and Lack of Re-Use Impact on Vendors / SIM Hacking
- Monopoly Power of Big Tech Companies & Gov’t Regulation
- Dark Web – What is it?
- Identity on Internet
- Perimeter Security
- 0 min 32 sec: Introduction of Guest
- 1 min 20 sec: Rant on Security
- Lack of Security Awareness outside of IT
- End-User Shame vs End User Enable
- 4 min 42 sec: What should Companies do who Collect Data?
- Users should have rights to know what they are opting in for ~ Data Mining
- Facebook and Congress not understanding each other
- 8 min 05 sec: Intermixing Data Privacy and Data Security?
- Not mutually exclusive
- Build a culture around security
- 9 min 03 sec: Data Leaks from Companies with our Data
- How is data being forwarded to other companies that I am unaware is happening
- Nothing is Free ~ Data is a Currency
- 15 min 30 sec: Securing Systems and then Spreading Data all over the Internet
- Zero Trust
- Bouncers and Bartenders
- Password re-use creates issues for vendors
- SIM Card Hacking (#130 The SnapChat Thief)
- 19 min 22 sec: Journalist Video on Not using Large Corporations for Security Reasons
- Duck Duck Go (still runs on AWS)
- Gov’t Regulations?
- Dark Web – What is it? Nefarious
- 23 min 30 sec: Identity on the Internet
- Is our identity provable on the Internet?
- IoT identity and Edge
- Blog – Identity of Things from Tricia
- 26 min 43 sec: Perimeter Security
- There is no perimeter
- Security as Culture not a Toolset
- 28 min 02 sec: Wrap-Up
- Includes Westminster 2019 Discussion
Podcast Guest: Tricia Howard, Client Manager, Optiv
A Native Texan now living in the magnificent New York City, Tricia Howard is an artist gone rogue who ended up in the wonderful world of technology. With a B.A. in Theatre Arts and interests ranging from Star Wars to Opera, she brings a unique and artistic perspective to her clients and the tech world. When she’s not solving business problems, you can find her singing, painting, and doing copious amounts of jigsaw puzzles.