Kmesh.io sells software that transforms your centralized data into distributed data, which operates over multiple clouds, countries and edges as a single global namespace. Customers configure their business rules / data orchestration policies through the Kmesh portal and easily deploy their data over any cloud (production data on prem, backup data on AWS, AI/ML data on Google, IoT data on the Edge etc.)
· Kubernetes Challenges for Stateful Data
· Managing Stateful Data across Multiple Edge Devices
· How Kmesh works with Luster ~ New Global Data Models
· Kubernetes Limitations with Storage
· 0 min 24 sec: Introduction of Guest
· 2 min 36 sec: Data and Distributed Storage in Kubernetes Story
o Kmesh operates at Data Layer not App Layer as Kubernetes does
o Kubernetes is not the be all end all
o Kmesh arriving in parallel with Kubernetes (2.5 years old) — started as Luster as a Service for HPC
· 7 min 13 sec: How does Data Storage and Container Mgmt Come Together?
o Kubernetes has no state ; Data for Apps often times requires state
o Storing data with Kubernetes is a challenge — location, security, etc.
o Example: Car on road sending real-time data to Edge which has it connecting to various edge devices which need to have data properly ordered, managed, etc
· 10 min 34 sec: How manage multiple edge devices and data state across them
o Luster is low-latency, high-ops technology
o Ported Luster into cloud and edge environments
o Do you put the data in the right spot to take advantage of data store?
o Data duplication issues? Metadata is the key
· 19 min 24 sec: What does Kubernetes need to do to take advantage of this technology?
o Kmesh offers customer plug-in for Kubernetes
o Storage advancements in Kubernetes is limited
o How make Kubernetes workload better understand data?
· 27 min 02 sec: How does SaaS play into distributed data?
o Control plane vs Data plane
· 29 min 31 sec: Wrap-Up