Joining us this week is Eric Fouarge, CTO at Root Level Technology.
About Root Level
Root Level Technology is a cloud strategy partner. We are the seamless extension of your development and programming teams. We provide a concierge-style support experience for every client, no matter the size. We are an agile shop at the core, with a focus on Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment. We are the hold your hand, wake us up at midnight, 5-star, real deal support clients have always wanted.
- Discussion on Tools for Cloud Native
- Business Needs and Microservices
- Issues with New, Rapidly Developing Tools
- Impact of Cloud Native on Operations/Development
- Severless Alternatives to Lamda, etc
- 0 min 49 sec: Introduction of Guest
- 2 min 32 sec: Suite of Tools Being Used
- Open Source Tools vs Proprietary Tools
- 6 min 34 sec: Tradeoffs in Complexity and Tools
- Time to Production
- 7 min 43 sec: Do Customers bring their own Devs to Project?
- 8 min 49 sec: Business Needs Driving Architectural Decisions at Microservice Level
- Warning Signs in this Process
- 12 min 04 sec: Is Cloud Native/DevOps Tooling Different?
- Change Rate on New Tooling – e.g. Istio
- What are some Best Practices in this Space?
- How do you sell the Capabilities?
- 18 min 34 sec: Return of Process Development in the Enterprise via Cloud Native
- 19 min 52 sec: Serverless Alternatives to Lambda, etc
- Kubernetes Options vs Vendor Options
- Serverless does not eliminate the basics
- Value of Service Mesh
- 27 min 26 sec: How to Learn Service Mesh
- Not Trivial Technology to Learn and Use
- Rise of Kubernetes being Foundational
- 31 min 30 sec: Orchestration of Building Cloud Apps
- Terraform Issues in Production
- 33 min 21 sec: Wrap-Up