Joining us this week is Matt Trifiro, CMO of Vapor.io. Matt offers insight into how Edge infrastructure and 5G will be deployed to meet the increased demand for low latency, high data distributed technology.
• Edge is a place: the last mile network
• Jitter at the Edge (Jitter definition)
• Data sovereignty and location
• Apps for Edge have are not similar to existing apps for communication processes
• Edge as multi-vendor data sharing environment
• Real estate problem – solved by Akamai
• Vision of schedulers on keeping apps running vs keeping apps fast
• Cloud providers will extend into the Edge
• Augmented reality discussion of video and latency (Digital Twin)
• Importance of 5G to Edge and commercial impact
• Real estate is key in Edge computing
• Building and Managing Edge infrastructure
• What does Vapor do?