Joining us this week is John Willis, VP DevOps and Digital Practices, SJ Technologies known for many things including being at the initial DevOps meeting in Europe, co-founder of the DevOpsDays events, and the DevOps Café podcast.
• Introduction to the Phoenix Project and the new audio Beyond the Phoenix Project
• Docker discussion and the issues around its success based on the ecosystem success
• Docker vs operation split for two different audiences
• Issue of sustaining open source technology and lack of financing to support this
• Revenue arc vs viral adoption for open source model
• Three reasons to choose open source model for software