It’s been a banner year for container awareness and adoption so we wanted to recap 2015. For RackN, container acceleration is near to our heart because we both enable and use them in fundamental ways. Look for Rob’s 2016 predictions on his blog.
The RackN team has truly deep and broad experience with containers in practical use. In the summer, we delivered multiple container orchestration workloads including Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, StackEngine and others. In the fall, we refactored Digital Rebar to use Docker Compose with dramatic results. And we’ve been using Docker since 2013 (yes, “way back”) for ops provisioning and development.
To make it easier to review that experience, we are consolidating a list of our container related posts for 2015.
General Container Commentary
- Containers vs VMs (Mar 2015)
- Four ways Containers threaten VMware (Jul 2015)
- Why Dockerhub is critical infrastructure (Oct 2015)
- Security benefits from Immutable Infrastructure (Dec 2015)
- Designing for Containers on Metal (July 2015)
- HyperVMs – between VM and Container (July 2015)
- What are containers? An analogy using movies (June 2015)
Reblogged this on Rob Hirschfeld.